Solar for your home
Setting Up Your Home on Renewable Energy
One can really reap the benefits of solar systems. One of the most useful but free resources of nature: sun-generated electricity. Using semiconductor technology, solar panels, also recognized as photovoltaic systems, transform energy from the sunlight into electricity that can fuel your household for free.
Kelln Solar has compiled the most valuable information regarding solar systems to help ensure your transition to solar energy, goes as smoothly as possible. This information includes:
- The overall solar panel prices in Canada
- Financial rewards to help you make the most of your money
- Practical details on installation activities and expenditures
- The solar panel features that impact performance and the best models out there.
Over the years, solar panel rates have declined steadily as experts have continuously been finding ways to make components of solar energy more efficient.
Choosing the best solar system for your home?
When you are searching for the right solar panels for your house, there are several considerations to evaluate.
- Type: There are two main types of solar panels: monocrystalline and polycrystalline, which dominate the market.
- Power: A solar panel’s ‘power’ is calculated in watts (W). In Normal Test Conditions, this figure reflects the energy production of a panel device.
- Performance: The efficiency of solar panels, calculated as a percentage, measures how much sunlight can be turned into usable electricity. The efficiency of many of these domestic solar panels is 15-20 per cent.
- Power tolerance: This aspect defines how far from its specified power (watts) your machine can deviate. You may convey this deviation either in percentages or watts. If the power tolerance of a 100W panel is +3 per cent / −0 per cent, the actual power can vary between 100-103W. If the power tolerance is +5W / −0W, then under real-world conditions, the actual performance varies between 100W and 105W.
- Temperature coefficient: You would like to learn how much temperature rise can affect the performance of your panel. The temperature coefficient represents the percentage decrease in the output of power per 1 ° C temperature rise (after 25 ° C).
- Size: The physical size of a panel might be your top priority if you have limited roof space. L x W x H shows the dimensions of the solar panels.
- Weight: It is essential to know how massive your solar panel system would be. You will need to vote for light-weight panels if your roof is not very sturdy.
- Product Warranty: Manufacturers of solar panels give warranties on their products, guaranteeing that they can last. Warranties range from 10-25 years.
- Performance degradation: Over its 25-year lifetime, every solar panel will experience some performance degradation. There is usually a 2-3 per cent decrease in productivity after the 1st year and 0.2-0.7 per cent per year after that.
Wind Resistant Solar Panels
Full wind load: You want your solar panels, including strong winds and hurricanes, to withstand every form of weather in Canada. This tolerance is tested and expressed in Pascals (Pa) by the producers. The greater the amount, the more excellent the resistance of the wind, but most panels are rated to withstand 2,400 Pa, equal to 140 mph.
Interested in Purchasing Solar Panels?
If you’re interested in solar panels for your home in Saskatchewan Canada, and you want to know more about moving to renewable energy, Kelln Solar is here to guide. At the top of this page, fill in the non-binding (Contact form) form and we will get back soon. Our service is quick and free of obligation!